#1 cmake conversion

Merged
SlavekB merged 3 commits from feat/cmakeConv into master 6 months ago
cethyel commented 7 months ago

I’ve set the install of the Russian keyboard as default since I believe those speakers are the main users in this apps.

I didn’t define USE_BOLD_MENUITEM due to comment in boldmenuitem.h

I've set the install of the Russian keyboard as default since I believe those speakers are the main users in this apps. I didn't define USE_BOLD_MENUITEM due to comment in boldmenuitem.h
cethyel added the
PR/rfc
label 7 months ago
MicheleC commented 7 months ago
Owner

I think the default should be english, as for the whole TDE. Russian users can then change their settings

I think the default should be english, as for the whole TDE. Russian users can then change their settings
SlavekB commented 7 months ago
Owner

Using USE_BOLD_MENUITEM is really “interesting” when the appropriate CPP file starts #undef USE_BOLD_MENUITEM. You’re right, we obviously do not need this option.

The fixed definition of TDE_VERSION_MAJOR in config.h is incorrect. This value is defined in tdeversion.h in tdelibs.

The message “xkbfile is requested …” in ConfigureChecks.cmake would probably be “xkbfile is required …”.

The definition WITH_RU_UA_LAYOUT is inconsistent. Either should be in the “optional stuff” section and be set by WITH_ALL_OPTIONS or should be named BUILD_RU_UA_LAYOUT. In my opinion, the first option is better. By the way, for automake, the default was “disabled”. For CMake, it might also be the default OFF.

Using USE_BOLD_MENUITEM is really "interesting" when the appropriate CPP file starts `#undef USE_BOLD_MENUITEM`. You're right, we obviously do not need this option. The fixed definition of TDE_VERSION_MAJOR in `config.h` is incorrect. This value is defined in `tdeversion.h` in tdelibs. The message "xkbfile is requested ..." in `ConfigureChecks.cmake` would probably be "xkbfile is required ...". The definition WITH_RU_UA_LAYOUT is inconsistent. Either should be in the "optional stuff" section and be set by WITH_ALL_OPTIONS or should be named BUILD_RU_UA_LAYOUT. In my opinion, the first option is better. By the way, for automake, the default was "disabled". For CMake, it might also be the default OFF.
cethyel commented 7 months ago
Poster

@Michele, I meant, I’ve set to install the Russian layout in the default install as Slavek have pointed out this layout is built as an option with automake.

@Michele, I meant, I've set to install the Russian layout in the default install as Slavek have pointed out this layout is built as an option with automake.
MicheleC commented 7 months ago
Owner

@Greg: no problem, mine was just a comment from a “not-well-informed” general point of view.
I will leave it to you and Slavek to work out the details :wink:

@Greg: no problem, mine was just a comment from a "not-well-informed" general point of view.<br> I will leave it to you and Slavek to work out the details :wink:
SlavekB commented 6 months ago
Owner

I did squash @cethyel commits for cmake conversion and added two small ones. The scripts for tdeconf_update were not installed as programs => executable bit was not set during installation. At the same time, these scripts in source code have set executable bit unnecessarily.

I did squash @cethyel commits for cmake conversion and added two small ones. The scripts for tdeconf_update were not installed as programs => executable bit was not set during installation. At the same time, these scripts in source code have set executable bit unnecessarily.
SlavekB removed the
PR/rfc
label 6 months ago
SlavekB deleted branch feat/cmakeConv 6 months ago
SlavekB added this to the R14.0.6 release milestone 6 months ago
The pull request has been merged.
Sign in to join this conversation.
Loading…
Cancel
Save
There is no content yet.