Kugar - A report creation tool for KDE.
Current version: 1.3
The current maintainer
can be reached via Email: email@example.com
or visit http://www.koffice.org/kugar/
The former maintainer and the author of Kugar Report Designer
part can be reached via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The former maintainer and author of Kugar report viewer and konqueror
part can be reached via Email: email@example.com
The original author can be reached via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit http://www.mutinybaysoftware.com. The original name of the package
* KDE GUI report designer.
* Qt report viewer widget for previewing reports from within a Qt application
* KDE report viewer widget that utilizes KDE print dialog
* KDE report viewer utility.
* KPart report viewer component - view reports from within Konqueror.
* Report printing in Postscript.
* Database/datasource neutral, data is supplied to the report engine in XML.
* Open report definition files, report layout is stored in XML.
* Report Header/Footer.
* Page Header/Footer.
* Detail Section.
* Detail Header/Footer.
* Multiple Detail levels (unlimited).
* Grand totals: count, sum, average, variance and standard deviation.
* Report print progress and cancellation.
* Report rendering progress and cancellation.
* Complete implementation of (Qt) printer setup options.
* Additional formatting (negative numbers, currency, commas for numbers and
* Direct database support.
Included in docbook-xml format among with the koffice package.
Docs include tutorial, user documentation and developer documentation.
The following items must be installed prior to building Kugar:
1. Qt version 3.1+ - http://www.trolltech.com
2. KDE 3.1.0+ - http://www.kde.org
See the INSTALL file for details.
RUNNING A SAMPLE REPORT WITH KUGAR:
There are three sample templates and matching datafiles in ./samples.
The kugar program takes one or more data files on the commandline.
Example: kugar samples/sample1.kdf
To use Konqueror to display a sample, just click on the data file (with the
.kdf extension) from within Konqueror.
To create template file run Kugar Report Designer program (kudesigner).
To add report items and sections use toolbuttons and menus,
to edit their properties just right-click on them,
to delete - middle-click.