Rename sip into sip-tqt in order to be conflict free with upstream. #2

Merged
SlavekB merged 1 commits from feat/rename_sip into master 4 months ago
Ghost commented 6 months ago

The install location for the sip modules has been moved to tdesip as the default location, former location (sip4_tqt) could still be requested through the commande options.

If you guys agree to move to that location, then the configure scripts from python-tqt and python-trinity modules should be be adjusted accordingly since those expect the sipconfig Python module in a subdirectory of the Python package-site named sip4_tqt at the moment.
see:
https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/python-tqt/src/branch/master/configure.py#L31

https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/python-trinity/src/branch/master/configure.py#L33

These scripts also expect sip as a tool not tdesip.

@SlavekB I've added a qmake.conf file for FreeBSD but I dunno if that one works.

It would make sense to rename the module from sip4-tqt into tdesip.

I'll see to fix the doc later...

The install location for the sip modules has been moved to **tdesip** as the default location, former location (sip4_tqt) could still be requested through the commande options. If you guys agree to move to that location, then the configure scripts from python-tqt and python-trinity modules should be be adjusted accordingly since those expect the **sipconfig** Python module in a subdirectory of the Python package-site named **sip4_tqt** at the moment. see: https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/python-tqt/src/branch/master/configure.py#L31 https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/python-trinity/src/branch/master/configure.py#L33 These scripts also expect sip as a tool not tdesip. @SlavekB I've added a qmake.conf file for FreeBSD but I dunno if that one works. It would make sense to rename the module from **sip4-tqt** into **tdesip**. I'll see to fix the doc later...
Ghost added the
PR/rfc
PR/wip
labels 6 months ago
Ghost added 1 commit 6 months ago
350def581c
Rename sip into tdesip in order to be conflict free with upstream.
Owner

These Python things have two parts. The first concerning TQt – sip, tqscintilla, python-tqt. The second concerning TDE – python-trinity, pytdeextensions. It seems to me as a good idea to keep in the names resolution whether a particular part is dependent on TQt or depends on TDE.

Therefore, it seem to me to be more appropriate tqtsip (or sip-tqt) rather than tdesip. What is your opinion?

These Python things have two parts. The first concerning TQt – sip, tqscintilla, python-tqt. The second concerning TDE – python-trinity, pytdeextensions. It seems to me as a good idea to keep in the names resolution whether a particular part is dependent on TQt or depends on TDE. Therefore, it seem to me to be more appropriate `tqtsip` (or `sip-tqt`) rather than `tdesip`. What is your opinion?
Owner

These Python things have two parts. The first concerning TQt – sip, tqscintilla, python-tqt. The second concerning TDE – python-trinity, pytdeextensions. It seems to me as a good idea to keep in the names resolution whether a particular part is dependent on TQt or depends on TDE.

Therefore, it seem to me to be more appropriate tqtsip (or sip-tqt) rather than tdesip. What is your opinion?

Yes, agree on this point. tqt for tqt dependant things, tde for tde dependant things.

sip-tqt is more similar to other packages, compared to tqt-sip or tqtsip

> These Python things have two parts. The first concerning TQt – sip, tqscintilla, python-tqt. The second concerning TDE – python-trinity, pytdeextensions. It seems to me as a good idea to keep in the names resolution whether a particular part is dependent on TQt or depends on TDE. > > Therefore, it seem to me to be more appropriate `tqtsip` (or `sip-tqt`) rather than `tdesip`. What is your opinion? Yes, agree on this point. tqt for tqt dependant things, tde for tde dependant things. sip-tqt is more similar to other packages, compared to tqt-sip or tqtsip
Poster

I agree when you say that the name of the module should reflect which part belongs to whom between the tqt library or tdelibs, but that is not the point here.

Sip is not related to either one or the other, It's the other way around. python-tqt and python-trinity relate to sip since these two need sip to work.

Anyhow the goal here is too make the sip module (from TDE) out of the way from mainstream sip by renaming the executable, the library and the installed header.

As suggested by Michele, tdesip ,as a name, has a nice ring to me. I kept tdesip for the name's location of the module in the Python package-site for consistency only, should this location be kept as sip4_tqt is not important so is not the name of the module too.

I agree when you say that the name of the module should reflect which part belongs to whom between the tqt library or tdelibs, but that is not the point here. Sip is not related to either one or the other, It's the other way around. python-tqt and python-trinity relate to sip since these two need sip to work. Anyhow the goal here is too make the sip module (from TDE) out of the way from mainstream sip by renaming the executable, the library and the installed header. As suggested by Michele, tdesip ,as a name, has a nice ring to me. I kept tdesip for the name's location of the module in the Python package-site for consistency only, should this location be kept as sip4_tqt is not important so is not the name of the module too.
Owner

Sip is not related to either one or the other, It's the other way around. python-tqt and python-trinity relate to sip since these two need sip to work.

You are right Greg, sligh oversight from me here. sip is used to create the python-tqt and python-trinity bindings. How about we call it sip-trinity like many other packages?

Also I think the name python-tqt and python-trinity is a bit misleading. How about we rename those packages as well? Like for example python-bindings-tqt and python-bindings-trinity?

> Sip is not related to either one or the other, It's the other way around. python-tqt and python-trinity relate to sip since these two need sip to work. You are right Greg, sligh oversight from me here. sip is used to create the python-tqt and python-trinity bindings. How about we call it sip-trinity like many other packages? Also I think the name python-tqt and python-trinity is a bit misleading. How about we rename those packages as well? Like for example python-bindings-tqt and python-bindings-trinity?
Owner

Sip is not related to either one or the other, It's the other way around. python-tqt and python-trinity relate to sip since these two need sip to work.

You are right Greg, sligh oversight from me here. sip is used to create the python-tqt and python-trinity bindings. How about we call it sip-trinity like many other packages?

Yes, SIP provides work for both TQt and TDE, but it is only dependent on TQt. Therefore, there is now used "tqt" – similar to avahi-tqt, dbus-1-tqt, etc.

Also I think the name python-tqt and python-trinity is a bit misleading. How about we rename those packages as well? Like for example python-bindings-tqt and python-bindings-trinity?

Au, that sounds like disgustingly long names that depart from the habits used for all others – you can see PyQt, PyKDE, PyGTK. You can notice that naming with prefix python- / python3- are rules for binary DEB packages, while names of python modules are short. The names of PyTQt and the PyTDE would be significantly shorter 😉

> > Sip is not related to either one or the other, It's the other way around. python-tqt and python-trinity relate to sip since these two need sip to work. > > You are right Greg, sligh oversight from me here. sip is used to create the python-tqt and python-trinity bindings. How about we call it sip-trinity like many other packages? > Yes, SIP provides work for both TQt and TDE, but it is only dependent on TQt. Therefore, there is now used "tqt" – similar to avahi-tqt, dbus-1-tqt, etc. > Also I think the name python-tqt and python-trinity is a bit misleading. How about we rename those packages as well? Like for example python-bindings-tqt and python-bindings-trinity? > Au, that sounds like _disgustingly long names_ that depart from the habits used for all others – you can see PyQt, PyKDE, PyGTK. You can notice that naming with prefix `python-` / `python3-` are rules for binary DEB packages, while names of python modules are short. The names of PyTQt and the PyTDE would be significantly shorter 😉
Owner

Yes, SIP provides work for both TQt and TDE, but it is only dependent on TQt.

So should we settle on simply sip-tqt?

The names of PyTQt and the PyTDE would be significantly shorter 😉

Sounds good for me.

> Yes, SIP provides work for both TQt and TDE, but it is only dependent on TQt. So should we settle on simply sip-tqt? > The names of PyTQt and the PyTDE would be significantly shorter 😉 Sounds good for me.
Poster

PyTQt and PyTDE have a nice ring to me too, but as I already said It's not the point.

SlavekB Please tell me what names, you want, EG:

  • the executable: tdesip
  • the library: libtdesip
  • the header: tdesip.h
  • the Python module location: sip4_tqt --> (/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/sip4_tqt/*)
PyTQt and PyTDE have a nice ring to me too, but as I already said It's not the point. SlavekB Please tell me what names, you want, EG: - the executable: **tdesip** - the library: **libtdesip** - the header: **tdesip.h** - the Python module location: **sip4_tqt** --> (/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/sip4_tqt/*)
Ghost force-pushed feat/rename_sip from 350def581c to 71f61cc96f 6 months ago
Owner

Following on previous comments, sip is not related to tqt or TDE specifically, insteaad it is used by both. So I think tdesip is misleasing because it gives the idea it is related to TDE API, like PyTDE.

Instead I would settle on sip-trinity, where the -trinity suffix indicates that it is a sip version maintained by the Trinity group, like many other packages,

Same idea can be applied to the sip.h file, which could be renamed to sip-trinity.h for example.

What do you think?

Following on previous comments, sip is not related to tqt or TDE specifically, insteaad it is used by both. So I think tdesip is misleasing because it gives the idea it is related to TDE API, like PyTDE. Instead I would settle on sip-trinity, where the -trinity suffix indicates that it is a sip version maintained by the Trinity group, like many other packages, Same idea can be applied to the sip.h file, which could be renamed to sip-trinity.h for example. What do you think?
Poster

Following on previous comments, sip is not related to tqt or TDE specifically, insteaad it is used by both. So I think tdesip is misleasing because it gives the idea it is related to TDE API, like PyTDE.

Instead I would settle on sip-trinity, where the -trinity suffix indicates that it is a sip version maintained by the Trinity group, like many other packages,

Same idea can be applied to the sip.h file, which could be renamed to sip-trinity.h for example.

What do you think?

yeah make sense. What would be the rest?

  • the executable: sip-trinity
  • the library: libsip-trinity (sip-trinity.so)
  • the header: sip-trinity.h
  • Python module location: sip-trinity or sip_trinity
> Following on previous comments, sip is not related to tqt or TDE specifically, insteaad it is used by both. So I think tdesip is misleasing because it gives the idea it is related to TDE API, like PyTDE. > > Instead I would settle on sip-trinity, where the -trinity suffix indicates that it is a sip version maintained by the Trinity group, like many other packages, > > Same idea can be applied to the sip.h file, which could be renamed to sip-trinity.h for example. > > What do you think? yeah make sense. What would be the rest? - the executable: **sip-trinity** - the library: **libsip-trinity** (sip-trinity.so) - the header: **sip-trinity.h** - Python module location: **sip-trinity** or **sip_trinity**
Owner

Following on previous comments, sip is not related to tqt or TDE specifically, insteaad it is used by both. So I think tdesip is misleasing because it gives the idea it is related to TDE API, like PyTDE.

Instead I would settle on sip-trinity, where the -trinity suffix indicates that it is a sip version maintained by the Trinity group, like many other packages,

Same idea can be applied to the sip.h file, which could be renamed to sip-trinity.h for example.

What do you think?

yeah make sense. What would be the rest?

  • the executable: sip-trinity
  • the library: libsip-trinity
  • the header: sip-trinity.h
  • Python module location: sip-trinity or sip_trinity

When we make changes (again), so we could also rename sipconfig.py => sip-trinity-config.py and sipdistutils.py => sip-trinity-distutils.py that the module directory can be canceled.

> > Following on previous comments, sip is not related to tqt or TDE specifically, insteaad it is used by both. So I think tdesip is misleasing because it gives the idea it is related to TDE API, like PyTDE. > > > > Instead I would settle on sip-trinity, where the -trinity suffix indicates that it is a sip version maintained by the Trinity group, like many other packages, > > > > Same idea can be applied to the sip.h file, which could be renamed to sip-trinity.h for example. > > > > What do you think? > > yeah make sense. What would be the rest? > > - the executable: **sip-trinity** > - the library: **libsip-trinity** > - the header: **sip-trinity.h** > - Python module location: **sip-trinity** or **sip_trinity** When we make changes (again), so we could also rename `sipconfig.py` => `sip-trinity-config.py` and `sipdistutils.py` => `sip-trinity-distutils.py` that the module directory can be canceled.
Poster

Following on previous comments, sip is not related to tqt or TDE specifically, insteaad it is used by both. So I think tdesip is misleasing because it gives the idea it is related to TDE API, like PyTDE.

Instead I would settle on sip-trinity, where the -trinity suffix indicates that it is a sip version maintained by the Trinity group, like many other packages,

Same idea can be applied to the sip.h file, which could be renamed to sip-trinity.h for example.

What do you think?

yeah make sense. What would be the rest?

  • the executable: sip-trinity
  • the library: libsip-trinity
  • the header: sip-trinity.h
  • Python module location: sip-trinity or sip_trinity

When we make changes (again), so we could also rename sipconfig.py => sip-trinity-config.py and sipdistutils.py => sip-trinity-distutils.py that the module directory can be canceled.

ok, so let's sum this up would we?

  • the executable: sip-trinity
  • the library: libsip-trinity
  • the header: sip-trinity.h
  • the sip python module: sip-trinity-config.py and sip-trinity-distutils.py (so those can go in the main python directory)
> > > Following on previous comments, sip is not related to tqt or TDE specifically, insteaad it is used by both. So I think tdesip is misleasing because it gives the idea it is related to TDE API, like PyTDE. > > > > > > Instead I would settle on sip-trinity, where the -trinity suffix indicates that it is a sip version maintained by the Trinity group, like many other packages, > > > > > > Same idea can be applied to the sip.h file, which could be renamed to sip-trinity.h for example. > > > > > > What do you think? > > > > yeah make sense. What would be the rest? > > > > - the executable: **sip-trinity** > > - the library: **libsip-trinity** > > - the header: **sip-trinity.h** > > - Python module location: **sip-trinity** or **sip_trinity** > > When we make changes (again), so we could also rename `sipconfig.py` => `sip-trinity-config.py` and `sipdistutils.py` => `sip-trinity-distutils.py` that the module directory can be canceled. ok, so let's sum this up would we? - the executable: **sip-trinity** - the library: **libsip-trinity** - the header: **sip-trinity.h** - the sip python module: **sip-trinity-config.py** and **sip-trinity-distutils.py** (so those can go in the main python directory)
Owner

Names look good to me too.

Names look good to me too.
Ghost force-pushed feat/rename_sip from 71f61cc96f to d8b830ce79 6 months ago
Ghost removed the
PR/rfc
label 6 months ago
Poster

we can't name a Python module with an "-" as It seems, so I went for siptrinityconfig.py and siptrinitydistutils.py instead.

so here is the installed files with this configure options:

PYTHONLIB=$( python2 -c 'from distutils.sysconfig import get_python_lib; print get_python_lib()' )

python2 ./configure.py \
    -u STRIP="" CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/tqt -I/usr/include/tqt3" \
    -d "$PYTHONLIB" \
    CFLAGS_RELEASE="" CXXFLAGS="-I/usr/include/tqt -I/usr/include/tqt3" \
    CXXFLAGS_RELEASE=""
./
install/
install/slack-desc
usr/
usr/lib64/
usr/lib64/python2.7/
usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/
usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/sip-trinity.so
usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/siptrinityconfig.py
usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/siptrinitydistutils.py
usr/include/
usr/include/python2.7/
usr/include/python2.7/sip-trinity.h
usr/bin/
usr/bin/sip-trinity
we can't name a Python module with an "-" as It seems, so I went for **siptrinityconfig.py** and **siptrinitydistutils.py** instead. so here is the installed files with this configure options: ``` PYTHONLIB=$( python2 -c 'from distutils.sysconfig import get_python_lib; print get_python_lib()' ) python2 ./configure.py \ -u STRIP="" CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/tqt -I/usr/include/tqt3" \ -d "$PYTHONLIB" \ CFLAGS_RELEASE="" CXXFLAGS="-I/usr/include/tqt -I/usr/include/tqt3" \ CXXFLAGS_RELEASE="" ``` ``` ./ install/ install/slack-desc usr/ usr/lib64/ usr/lib64/python2.7/ usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/ usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/sip-trinity.so usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/siptrinityconfig.py usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/siptrinitydistutils.py usr/include/ usr/include/python2.7/ usr/include/python2.7/sip-trinity.h usr/bin/ usr/bin/sip-trinity ```
Owner

we can't name a Python module with an "-" as It seems, so I went for siptrinityconfig.py and siptrinitydistutils.py instead.

How about using underscore? is it allowed? Like sip_trinity_config.py and similar? Would be easier to read IMO.

> we can't name a Python module with an "-" as It seems, so I went for siptrinityconfig.py and siptrinitydistutils.py instead. How about using underscore? is it allowed? Like sip_trinity_config.py and similar? Would be easier to read IMO.
Poster

we can't name a Python module with an "-" as It seems, so I went for siptrinityconfig.py and siptrinitydistutils.py instead.

How about using underscore? is it allowed? Like sip_trinity_config.py and similar? Would be easier to read IMO.

no-one is going to read this, their sole purpose is to provide data for building python-tqt with python. Once the cmake conversion is done, those two modules can go.

> > we can't name a Python module with an "-" as It seems, so I went for siptrinityconfig.py and siptrinitydistutils.py instead. > > How about using underscore? is it allowed? Like sip_trinity_config.py and similar? Would be easier to read IMO. no-one is going to read this, their sole purpose is to provide data for building python-tqt with python. Once the cmake conversion is done, those two modules can go.
Ghost force-pushed feat/rename_sip from d8b830ce79 to f7ee272605 6 months ago
Owner

Looks quite clean now. I will let @SlavekB make the final call, but namings looks ok to me.

Looks quite clean now. I will let @SlavekB make the final call, but namings looks ok to me.
SlavekB requested changes 6 months ago
SlavekB left a comment
Owner

Although we found a consensus in the use of the name sip-trinity, there is one who veto us – Mr. Python because it makes it impossible to use hyphen.

Note: There are places in sipgen/gencode.c where the name of the module must correspond to the renamed module – see lines 2224, 2228, 2242, 2248 and 2252.

Although we found a consensus in the use of the name `sip-trinity`, there is one who veto us – Mr. Python because it makes it impossible to use hyphen. Note: There are places in `sipgen/gencode.c` where the name of the module must correspond to the renamed module – see lines [2224](src/branch/master/sipgen/gencode.c#L2224), [2228](src/branch/master/sipgen/gencode.c#L2228), [2242](src/branch/master/sipgen/gencode.c#L2242), [2248](src/branch/master/sipgen/gencode.c#L2248) and [2252](src/branch/master/sipgen/gencode.c#L2252).
configure.py Outdated
default_sipbindir = plat_bin_dir
default_sipmoddir = os.path.join(plat_py_site_dir, 'sip4_tqt')
default_sipmoddir = os.path.join(plat_py_site_dir, 'sip-trinity')
Owner

Here, the intention was to avoid the module directory. This is to use: default_sipmoddir = plat_py_site_dir, as it was in the code earlier.

Here, the intention was to avoid the module directory. This is to use: `default_sipmoddir = plat_py_site_dir`, as it was in the code earlier.
SlavekB marked this conversation as resolved
configure.py Outdated
sipconfig.inform("Creating top level Makefile...")
siptrinityconfig.inform("Creating top level Makefile...")
open('__init__.py', 'a').close()
Owner

If a separate module directory is not used, this is unnecessary – unwanted.

If a separate module directory is not used, this is unnecessary – unwanted.
SlavekB marked this conversation as resolved
siputils.py Outdated
ext = self.optional_string("EXTENSION_SHLIB", "so")
mfile.write("TARGET = %s\n" % (self._target + "." + ext))
mfile.write("TARGET = %s\n" % (self._target + "-trinity." + ext))
Owner

This is not a good solution for many reasons:

  1. Python does not allow to use a hyphen in the name of the module. After import, the module name is used as the object name and the symbol name simply do not allow to use a hyphen. It's just not going.
  2. Adding suffix is not what we want. For PyTQt, it generates module names such as qt-trinity, which is wrong because the module name should be tqt. For the PyTDE, it generates module names as tdecore-trinity, which is not the desired result.
  3. In the case of using a prefix t instead of suffix, it would be generated modules called tqt.so, which looks good, but also ttdecore, which is not what we want.
  4. The output file names should match the input. Although it requires more efforts with renaming in PyTQt, I believe it is the right way.
This is not a good solution for many reasons: 1. Python does not allow to use a hyphen in the name of the module. After import, the module name is used as the object name and the symbol name simply do not allow to use a hyphen. It's just not going. 2. Adding suffix is not what we want. For PyTQt, it generates module names such as `qt-trinity`, which is wrong because the module name should be `tqt`. For the PyTDE, it generates module names as `tdecore-trinity`, which is not the desired result. 3. In the case of using a prefix `t` instead of suffix, it would be generated modules called `tqt.so`, which looks good, but also `ttdecore`, which is not what we want. 4. The output file names should match the input. Although it requires more efforts with renaming in PyTQt, I believe it is the right way.
SlavekB marked this conversation as resolved
Owner

Although we found a consensus in the use of the name sip-trinity, there is one who veto us – Mr. Python because it makes it impossible to use hyphen.

so are we going to use underscore (_) instead of hyphen? as in sip_trinity?

> Although we found a consensus in the use of the name sip-trinity, there is one who veto us – Mr. Python because it makes it impossible to use hyphen. so are we going to use underscore (_) instead of hyphen? as in sip_trinity?
Poster

This work won't go anywhere, PR is closed.

This work won't go anywhere, PR is closed.
Ghost closed this pull request 6 months ago
Ghost deleted branch feat/rename_sip 6 months ago
SlavekB reopened this pull request 4 months ago
SlavekB force-pushed feat/rename_sip from f7ee272605 to 0e87496718 4 months ago
Owner

I made a move forward and together with this few decisions:

Because the main essence of our modification in SIP is building together with TQt, it makes sense to use the name sip-tqt, as intended originally. This is consistent for all similar cases - avahi-tqt, dbus-1-tqt, polkit-tqt.

We must accept that Python makes it impossible to use a hyphen in the names of the modules, and therefore the underscore will be used for the necessary cases. For example, sip_tqt.so for the name of the Python module.

The intention was not to install the module to the subdirectory, but really rename the appropriate Python module – patch now performs it.

sipconfig.py and sipdistutil.py are renamed to sip_tqt_config.py and sip_tqt_distutil.py to correspond to the name of the module => python-tqt and python-trinity will require edit. It is now sufficient for testing purposes to replace from sip_tqt import sipconfig to import sip_tqt_config as sipconfig.

Unintentionally renamed PyQt4 reverted back. In some next round, all Qt4 parts could be removed.

I made a move forward and together with this few decisions: Because the main essence of our modification in SIP is building together with TQt, it makes sense to use the name **sip-tqt**, as intended originally. This is consistent for all similar cases - avahi-tqt, dbus-1-tqt, polkit-tqt. We must accept that Python makes it impossible to use a hyphen in the names of the modules, and therefore the underscore will be used for the necessary cases. For example, `sip_tqt.so` for the name of the Python module. The intention was not to install the module to the subdirectory, but really rename the appropriate Python module – patch now performs it. `sipconfig.py` and `sipdistutil.py` are renamed to `sip_tqt_config.py` and `sip_tqt_distutil.py` to correspond to the name of the module => python-tqt and python-trinity will require edit. It is now sufficient for testing purposes to replace `from sip_tqt import sipconfig` to `import sip_tqt_config as sipconfig`. Unintentionally renamed PyQt4 reverted back. In some next round, all Qt4 parts could be removed.
SlavekB changed title from WIP:Rename sip into tdesip in order to be conflict free with upstream. to Rename sip into sip-tqt in order to be conflict free with upstream. 4 months ago
SlavekB added
PR/rfc
and removed
PR/wip
labels 4 months ago
MicheleC approved these changes 4 months ago
MicheleC left a comment
Owner

Looks good. The name of packages and modules are also good.

Looks good. The name of packages and modules are also good.
Owner

We should also consider renaming the repository sip-tqt instead of sip4-tqt.

We should also consider renaming the repository sip-tqt instead of sip4-tqt.
SlavekB approved these changes 4 months ago
SlavekB left a comment
Owner

All mentioned problems are resolved in the last version of patch.

All mentioned problems are resolved in the last version of patch.
Owner

Yes, renaming the git repository seems like a logical step.

Another question is whether to backport this PR to stable branch r14.0.x? Although it seems a fundamental change, SIP-TQt is an API whose use is hidden inside in PyTQt and PyTDE, so the change should not affect users. What is your opinion?

Yes, renaming the git repository seems like a logical step. Another question is whether to backport this PR to stable branch r14.0.x? Although it seems a fundamental change, SIP-TQt is an API whose use is hidden inside in PyTQt and PyTDE, so the change should not affect users. What is your opinion?
SlavekB force-pushed feat/rename_sip from 0e87496718 to 976b20e043 4 months ago
Owner

Another question is whether to backport this PR to stable branch r14.0.x?

I think we can keep it in master only. It does not really add new functionality and we could always introduce an unwanted mistake by backporting such big change. Considering we want to release R14.1.0 this year, I think we can avoid the backport.

> Another question is whether to backport this PR to stable branch r14.0.x? I think we can keep it in master only. It does not really add new functionality and we could always introduce an unwanted mistake by backporting such big change. Considering we want to release R14.1.0 this year, I think we can avoid the backport.
SlavekB removed the
PR/rfc
label 4 months ago
SlavekB merged commit 976b20e043 into master 4 months ago
SlavekB deleted branch feat/rename_sip 4 months ago
SlavekB added this to the R14.1.0 release milestone 4 months ago

Reviewers

MicheleC approved these changes 4 months ago
SlavekB approved these changes 4 months ago
The pull request has been merged as 976b20e043.
Sign in to join this conversation.
No Milestone
No Assignees
3 Participants
Notifications
Due Date

No due date set.

Loading…
There is no content yet.