During the preparation of CMakeL10n rules in kiosktool I found out that here is the
extractxml script, which is used to extract strings from xml file
kiosk_data.xml. That’s why I was looking for a solution how to ensure this within CMakeL10n rules.
extractxml script would have the result that location information in the POT file would refer to a non-existent temporary file – as it was in the case of
extractrc. Furthermore, I could prepare CMake processing specifically for this one file. Or, I could prepare a generic XML extraction macro that will be useful for other cases as well.
That’s why I chose the generic macro. During the preparation of the macro, I found that the functionality of
extractrc scripts is largely the same. For this reason, I added several options in the new macro
tde_l10n_prepare_xml to make this macro meet the needs for both uses.
By the way, just by testing this macro I noticed the wrong semicolon processing that is fixed in #8.