released this 1 year ago | 1380 commits to r14.0.x since this release
Highlights of some of the most important fixes introduced by this maintenance release.
- Twin style SUSE2 - Twin decoration theme from SUSE 9.3/10.0/10.1.
- Twin style DeKorator - a pixmap-based theme engine and styles for Twin.
- TDEAsciiquarium - an ASCII art aquarium screensaver.
- tdeio-gopher - tdeio slave for gopher protocol.
- tdesshaskpass - a TDE version of ssh-askpass with TDEWallet support.
- Added support for variable font DPI (range 64-512) in user session. This helps usability on high resolution screens.
- Updated Akode's FFmpeg decoder to FFmpeg 4.x API.
- Revamped Konqueror's KWeather sidebar look and functionality.
- Extended KXkb's flags and label setup options.
- Added "reverse wheel direction" checkbox to TCC --> Window Behavior --> Titlebar/Window actions, to allow to customize the direction of the wheel event selected.
- Keyboard shortcuts for classic TDE Menu search function is now customizable.
- KNemo now uses the "sys" backend by default and is usable again.
- Translation updates (thanks to all translators).
- Several packages have been migrated to CMake build system.
- Dropped automake build system for various packages.
- Continued overall look polishing.
- Fixed building of several packages without tdehw lib.
- Fixed hanging of programs caused by non conforming SVG files.
- Fixed video (V4L2) support in Kopete, camera can now be used.
- Fixed detection of modern gdb in KDbg.
- Fixed "Print to PDF" for GhostScript >= 9.51.
- Fixed OpenDesktop support in TDE Get New Stuff.
- Fixed building tdesdk with glibc >= 2.34.
- Added support for poppler 21.08.0.
- Fixed k3b SEGV caused by AAC processing of specific files.
- Added new IRC network Libera.chat.
- KOrganizer no longer displays reminders on top of a locked screen (which could have revealed personal information).
- kbookreader: installation files have been renamed from "bookreader" to "kbookreader".
- mplayerthumbs: installation files have been renamed from "mplayerthumbs" to "mplayer-thumbnailer".
- Added Fedora 34 and 35.
- Dropped Debian Wheezy, Raspbian Jessie, Ubuntu Disco and Eoan.
- Added Debian Bullseye, Ubuntu Impish.
- Added Arch.
Additional info for developers/packagers
- The CMake module was moved to a standalone package (cmake-trinity) and is no longer a submodule. The stand alone package is now used as a build dependency.
- The "applications" folder has been rearranged in sub categories.
- tqca-tls is now part of the tqca package.
- Deb-like distros: switched build to ninja by default.
The full version of the release notes is available at wiki.
The full list of changes is available at these locations (please note that the two lists complement each others, they are not duplicates):
- TGW issue list
- Bugzilla reports
- Detailed commit change log catalogued by module.