This file gives an overview of the structure of the kmrml package.
kmrml consists of the following:
- tdeio_mrml: an ioslave that is able to contact an mrml daemon (i.e. the GIFT)
and transports the data from the daemon to its master (i.e. the
MrmlPart) as XML (MRML, Multimedia Retrieval Markup Language)
- MrmlPart: the konqueror-embeddable controller and view
- mrmlsearch: a small tool that is e.g. called from Konqueror's ContextMenu
"Search for similar images" to start an image query.
- kcontrol/: a Trinity Control Center module for configuring parts of the GIFT,
i.e. indexing directories, specifying GIFT hosts, etc.
- server/: a kded module, i.e. a tiny little daemon, that can be told via
DCOP to start, restart upon failure and automatically/manually
stop services. It is completely independent of GIFT/kmrml.
It is used to have one centralized place where the gift server
is started (ensuring this happens only once, restarting it upon
failure and stopping the gift after all tdeio_mrml instances
have been killed.
lib/: common stuff used by more than one module
The MRML DTD:
The GIFT Homepage:
The fer-de-lance project homepage, under which the GIFT and kmrml are living
Carsten Pfeiffer <email@example.com>