Public fileserver for KDE
* Runs as an applet in kicker.
* Uses HTTP protocol (supports 1.0 & 1.1)
* Realtime connection monitor and control
* Bandwidth capping.
* Connection count limiting.
* Designed for safety. No CGI, no PUT, no access outside virtual root.
* Drag and drop an URL pointing to a local dir to add a share.
* Integration with konqueror's ``properties'' dialog.
* Persistent connections.
Please note that allowing remote access to local files is inherently dangerous.
I will not be held responsible for loss, damage, your head falling off, etc. I
will, however, do all in my power to keep this software secure. If you don't
trust me (and why should you ?) then simply don't run this software.
Currently there are no known security holes in this software.
This code allows remote access to local files. Therefore it must be secure.
I also try to limit the effect of DoS attacks and to help the user avoid
making silly mistakes like sharing ~.
Please send patches to me for approval before committing to CVS.
Shortly before a KDE release, during the feature freeze, I will do a full code
audit. If I am unable to do this for whatever reason, I will ask for someone
else to do the audit. If the audit cannot be performed and code changes are
non-trivial, kpf should not be released.
MIT license. See COPYING.
Rik Hemsley (rikkus) <email@example.com>