- Coding Style
- Please use the coding style conventions from kdepim/kaddressbook/HACKING
- if you want to commit your xxport plugin into the cvs.
- Programming a XXPort Plugins
- Implementing a new xxport plugin is quite easy. But for better understanding
- you should know what happens during the import or export.
- At first the modules are loaded by kaddressbook (or better said by the
- xxportmanager class) and an instance of every modul is created.
- In the constructor of a module, the methods createImportAction() and/or
- createExportAction() should be called to register the import and/or
- export gui items in the GUI menu.
- Now if the user selects one of the items, the xxportmanager searchs the proper
- If the item was a export item, the manager do the following 2 steps:
- 1) check if the modul requires a sorted list of addresses
- 2) show a dialog where the user can select, which contacts shall be exported
- and, if requested, which order the contacts shall have
- Afterwards the exportContacts() method of the module is called with the
- list of all contacts, the user filtered via the dialog.
- If the item was an import item, the importContacts() method of the proper
- module is called directly.
- To implement your own module you just need to call the createXXportAction()s
- in the constructor and reimplement the importContacts() and/or exportContacts()
- method... thats all :)
- <will continue>