- TDE version: R14.1.0
- Distribution: debian buster
- Hardware: amd64
knotes and kontact do not sync changes with each other. This leads to loss of information when editing notes in both environment at the same time.
Steps to reproduce
- Create two notes A and B in knotes
- Open kontacts. Both notes appears and are the same
- Modify note A in Knotes. Verify the changes are reflected in the .ics files
- Note that kontact does not display the modified note A but still the original one. Even clicking the "sync" button in contact does not update the note
- Modify note B in kontact. Check .ics file. Notice that note B is updated with the new content, but at the same time note A has been overwritten with the original context (prior to 3.)
In addition to this, every time Kontact is open, internally it updates the "last modified" time of all notes. When saving/modifying a note, the "last modified" time of all notes is also saved, incorrectly overwriting the value previously saved in the .ics file. The overwriting happens even if a note was not actually modified, which is incorrect.