Broken character encoding in window titles for programs opened by KMail
- TDE version: R14.0.9
- Distribution: Debian Buster
- Hardware: amd64
I just discovered a weird problem with character encoding handling. I won't be surprised if this isn't KMail-specific.
Steps to reproduce
- Rename KPDF menu entry to "KPDF ąęśźćżńł"
- Launch KPDF from TDE menu. Notice that Polish diacritic signs are displayed correctly (first screenshot)
- Launch KMail
- Select an email that contains a PDF attachement
- Click on the attachement and select "Open in KPDF ąęśźćżńł"
- Notice that Polish signs in the window title are now completely broken (second screenshot)
This happens on TDE set to Polish language but the OS itself is set British English locale:
$ locale LANG=en_GB.UTF-8 LANGUAGE=en_GB:en LC_CTYPE="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_NUMERIC="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_TIME="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_COLLATE="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_MONETARY="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_MESSAGES="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_PAPER="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_NAME="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_ADDRESS="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_TELEPHONE="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_MEASUREMENT="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_GB.UTF-8" LC_ALL=
I wonder whether this is reproducible on TDE set to English language.
Deleting a branch is permanent. It CANNOT be undone. Continue?