- Notes for anyone packaging TorK:
- - TorK installs a utility called torkify, which relies on libtorksocks.so and a config file
- tork-tsocks.conf. Libtorksocks.so will get installed to the $(libdir)/tork directory, while tork-tsocks.conf will get installed to $(sysconfdir) (usually /etc). Before
- distributing your package you should ensure that the command 'torkify ssh' or similar
- works and does not return errors. You can also test this by launching an 'Anonymous SSH
- session' from TorK's 'Anonymize' tab. If you're having issues with it on your platform
- please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- - Ideally you should also check that torksocks (installed in $(bindir)) is referencing the
- correct location of libtorksocks.so for your installation. You should also check that
- torkify (installed in $(bindir)) is referencing the correct location of tork-tsocks.conf.
- - Do not use an external version of tsocks with TorK. The version packaged with TorK is
- specially patched for anonymous use (it ensures DNS queries from the tsocks-ified application
- do not bypass Tor).
- - You can use an external version of libgeoip if you like. By default, tork will compile the
- bundled GeoIP and link to it statically.