You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
Signed-off-by: Michele Calgaro <email@example.com> (cherry picked from commit
|1 day ago|
|admin@a9e0c7eb50||5 months ago|
|doc||6 months ago|
|src||1 month ago|
|translations||6 months ago|
|.gitmodules||1 year ago|
|AUTHORS||13 years ago|
|Building-with-cmake.txt||10 years ago|
|CMakeL10n.txt||2 months ago|
|CMakeLists.txt||1 day ago|
|COPYING||13 years ago|
|ChangeLog||9 years ago|
|ConfigureChecks.cmake||6 months ago|
|Makefile.am||13 years ago|
|Makefile.am.in||13 years ago|
|README||10 years ago|
|README.MacOSX||11 years ago|
|README.cwl||13 years ago|
|TODO||13 years ago|
|config.h.cmake||6 months ago|
|config.h.in||13 years ago|
|configure.files||13 years ago|
|configure.in.bot||13 years ago|
|configure.in.in||6 months ago|
|kile-remote-control.txt||13 years ago|
|stamp-h.in||13 years ago|
|subdirs||13 years ago|
this Readme is targeted towards people who want to build Kile from source or plan to create binary packages.
If you have created a package, please drop us a note ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) so that we can promote your package.
All specified versions are minimum versions except for KDE and QT.
1.) Checking dependencies
- tdelibs 3.2 - 3.5 and according QT development packages
- autoconf 2.53, automake and make (alternatively cmake 2.4.4, see also Building-with-cmake.txt)
- gcc 3.x/4.x
2.) Building Kile from source
- Extract the source code with `tar xjf kile-2.0.x.tar.bz2`
- `cd kile-2.0.x`
- ./configure --prefix=path_to_KDE3 (/usr or /opt/trinity generally) --with-qt-dir=path_to_QT3 library (/usr/lib/qt3 generally)
-- If you don't know what the path to KDE3 on your system is, you can use output of `tde-config --prefix`.
-- Or you can choose `--prefix=$HOME/.trinity` to not mess up with your distribution's package management system.
- Type `make` to compile the package.
- Type `make install` to install the programs, data files and documentation.
- Type `kile` and enjoy the power of LaTeX together with the joy of using Kile :)
3.) Using Kile
To use Kile you (obviously) need some external programs.
The following list is divided into basic, advanced and additional usage.
- TeTeX 2.0/3.0 or TeXLive 2005/2007 (Including "AMS"-Packages and the documentation)
- KPDF, KGhostView (Viewing PS and PDF)
- Acroread (Viewing PDF)
- Imagemagick, DVIPNG 1.7 (Bottom bar preview)
By default there are also tools for the following programs defined:
- Tar/zip/gzip/bzip2 (Archive)
- DBlatex (Docbook to LaTeX)
- Metapost and Asymptote
- Latex2html (LaTeX to Web)
- Tex4ht (LaTeX to Web)
- Lilypond (Music Typesetting)
- Konqueror/Mozilla/Firefox (Viewing HTML)
- Kbibtex, KBib, JabRef, pybliographer, gbib (View Bibtex files)
If you have any questions or corrections, please don't hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.
The Kile dev team